1. Michael Miller’s retro fabrics, like Retro Rocket Rascals (seen above), Trailer Travel Camp and Candy Shop Cream, which was used to make PJs for Zooey Deschanel on New Girl. I love that they’re cute and retro but also super-weird. Like, what is that duckling doing in space? How did he get that helmet on? So many questions.
2. This story, which illustrates the problems of trying to rescue someone at sea when you are naked. “They slowed down for a second, certainly long enough to see us, but they must have been confused by what they saw and didn’t stop.”
3. Chobani Greek Yogurt in Key Lime. You can pretty easily pretend you’re eating key lime pie filling with this stuff. Two thumbs way up.
4. The return of Ryan Murphy’s “Ben Bernanke” on YouTube. This video has been missing for years, but someone recently re-uploaded it. When I found it last Friday, it was like a Valentine’s miracle. Also, it’s very weird. Just go with it, or I’ll spank you silly:
5. Withings WS-50 Smart Body Analyzer. Ohhh, Jeff bought me this baby for Valentine’s Day (my request!), and I love it. It’s like stepping on an iPhone. The scale tracks your weight, body fat percentage and heart rate, and you can link the information to fitness apps like My Fitness Pal, RunKeeper, Daily Burn and DietBet.
6. Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings‘ “Stranger to My Happiness”: