Hey, Everyone! This morning, I finally finished Under the Dome, the first really long novel I’ve been able to read in years (yay, medication!), and I’m still thinking about those characters.
Anyway, it’s Saturday, so it’s time for another list of the stories, shows and other good stuff that made me happy this week:
1. George Saunders’s convocation speech at Syracuse. “I’d say, as a goal in life, you could do worse than: Try to be kinder.” Definitely worth reading.
2. Mumford & Sons’ “Hopeless Wanderer” video, starring Jason Bateman, Will Forte, Ed Helms and Jason Sudeikis. Things start going wonderfully off the rails at the 3:39 mark:
3. Joss Whedon’s tips on how to get things done. (Spoilers: He rewards himself for having an idea, not just following through with it. I could totally get into that.)
4. The trailer for Spike Jonze’s movie, Her. Unless this trailer is a lie, this is going to be a great movie, and I will cry at least once.
5. On their first date, this couple wondered what’d it’d be like to live in a house made of windows. Less than a year later, they quit their jobs and built it. I love stories like this.
6. “The Story of Eve and Dillon, Two Disabled Dogs Who Found a Home in Each Other.”
7. Baby Ella Mae is FEELING Elvis’ “American Trilogy,” y’all:
8. News that some burglars had a change of heart.
9. This guide on how to watch next week’s Perseid meteor shower.
10. And, yes, the R2D2 Dress.