Welcome to our Online Advent Calendar series, where we’re doing 25 days of Christmas challenges to get everyone into the spirit! (Today’s video clip is from “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.” Look at those Who’s gettin’ festive!)
Put a little Christmas somewhere weird.
When I was a kid, my favorite Christmas decoration was always the red shag toilet-seat cover with felt pictures of Santa on both sides. When the lid was down, the smiling Santa said, “Ho, Ho, Ho!” When the lid was up, he covered his eyes and said, “Oh, Oh, Oh!”
I LOVED it. It was an oasis of crazy in a desert of classy.
So, put a little Christmas somewhere weird:
- Hang an ornament in front of the kitchen window (or from your rear-view mirror).
- Let a reindeer ride shotgun.
- Change the wallpaper on your cell phone (or computer) to something Christmasy.
- Make some cheap-n-easy vanilla sugar scrub for the bathroom, you sexy sugar cookie.
- Tie a red ribbon to your mailbox.
- Rock an inflatable fruitcake on your desk. Or a snow globe. Or bring in a favorite Christmas photo. I have one of my grandmother in a cowboy hat. It’s kind of awesome.
Link: 15 Awesome (or Awesomely Bizarre) Christmas Cards (Mental Floss)
Selected Christmas TV:
- “A Bride for Christmas” (8pm/7c, Hallmark)
- “Elf” (8pm/7c, ABC Family)
- “It’s A Wonderful Life” (8pm/7c, NBC)
- “All I Want for Christmas” (10pm/9c, Hallmark)
P.S. To see the full Advent calendar page, go to ezrapoundcake.com/advent.